Sunday, May 27, 2012







My daughter watches this show almost every single day, so I feel like I owe it to her to make this. It took a looooong time to do it though because I couldn't find anything white to use for the white part of the eye. Oh and I wish the black food marker had not turned greenish on the cheese. Boo-hoo. 

270512




George's head is made of:
- A piece of bread cut into shape with the help of a template.
- Cheese slice for the face, ears and eyes.
- The rest of the head is dabbed with some chocolate sauce.
- A black food marker to outline the upper part of the eyes and the face and ears, as well as to color the black part of the eyes.
- A tiny piece of fondant rolled into two tiny balls for the sparkle in the eyes.
- Nori a.k.a. seaweed cut into a smiley mouth and a nose.

Here is the picture which I found on Google to help me make this:

10 comments:

  1. Bah. I think blogger ate my comment. THIS is amazing! I know the cheese (and I have trouble with black turning green or brown, too ... more brown with the natural colors) ... is the rest of George's face a burger? Seriously too cute and I'm SO going to have to put it on Pinterest and share it with my other bento mom friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you're on Facebook there's a private ultra cool group of bento friends I think you might enjoy! I believe after you click on the link it will give you the e-mail address from the group admin -- you'll have to drop her a line to say hi but I'll tell her to approve you because you're amazing :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/bentobloggers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I had to read your comments like 6 times, and my eyes were tearing up LOL! Being the newbie, I feel so honored :D This was her breakfast, it was just a piece of bread with some honey under the cheese. Thank you for introducing me to the Facebook group (of course I'm on Facebook, who isn't?! LOL) Will e-mail her soon, exciting! It is because of yours and others' bentos and fun food I've seen so many on Google, that made me tried it too :D

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen, there is no link to the group from here, and I tried to search for it on Facebook but to no avail :(

      Delete
    3. That's odd. Maybe the settings changed when we went to being a "secret" group. Ummmm .... here's the snip from what I THOUGHT you would see:
      Please email merrycrismess@bentonbetterlunches.com after you Ask to Join. Please share your blog's URL if you have one, a little about yourself, why you want to join, and how you heard about us. Only requests accompanied by an email will be considered. Thank you!

      Delete
    4. Oh, and when I told them I was inviting you everyone immediately started saying how awesome your food art is :)

      Delete
    5. I just joined that group a couple of days ago. You'll love it.

      Delete
    6. I do :D Great bunch of beautiful bento artists in that group!

      Delete
  3. That's really awesome! I did a George sandwich this week too, but I like yours better.

    Do you have a pintrest board? I'd love to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glory :) I don't pin my bento pictures on Pinterest, but they are on my Instagram @ daisyselalu :)

      Delete