Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Belated Birthday Bento


My daughter's birthday was last week, but because we went out that day, I didn't get a chance to make her a birthday bento. I had a blueprint and the tools ready, and it finally came alive today.

210612
The rice was shaped using a rice mould and the pink sprinkles are denbu.
The candles are made from carrots and cheese stuck together with thin, uncooked spaghetti.

The yellow sides are cheese, which shrunk a little bit during the process, thus you can see that there are gaps :( Should have used egg sheet instead.

Stir-fried veggies, beef rendang, blueberries (underneath) and cherries.
After taking pictures, I tied the box with a ribbon. My daughter REALLY enjoyed unwrapping it.
She cut the cake and shared it with us.

Apologies for including seven pictures in this post. It's extra special :D

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So wonderful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy :D It was fun to make. Will make another cake bento in a couple of months.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That looks fabulous. I love that you tied it with a ribbon too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda :D Yeah my daughter really liked that part. She plays and pretends getting gifts a lot lately :)

      Delete