Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Panda Invasion


I went on a small shopping spree last weekend, and it happens that all the things I bought share a panda theme. 

Cookie cutter (980Y) & sandwich maker (1260Y) were from Tokyu Hands and the Shiratama Dessert book (1200Y) was from Kinokuniya
220113
I made the panda mochi using the same shiratamako (glutinous rice flour) I used in yesterday's Hanami Dango bento. I also found the pagoda cauliflower during our weekend outing; it is the first time we have ever tried it and I have to say it is delicious! It tastes exactly like normal cauliflower, but sweeter. Yum!


14 comments:

  1. So, so very cute!! I wanted to try shiratama too, but yet to, is it easy to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ming, I kinda screwed up the instruction on the correct measurement LOL! But managed to make the dough based on texture. It is easy really, I was just being silly ;D

      Delete
  2. i really love the pandas. they just look so innocent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I'm so glad this bento turned out nice!

      Delete
  3. The panda mochi so adorable!! Can't bear to eat >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My daughter had no problem munching on them :D

      Delete
  4. I have the same book! it is super good and cute!!!! love shiratama sweets! yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to accidentally found the book at the bookstore :D The designs are so cute!

      Delete
  5. wow...your panda bento looks so adorable! and I like the bamboo, issit long bean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Yes, there are long beans! I made some indentations on them to make them look like bamboos ;D

      Delete